Olive oil, that is the oil that comes from the fruit of olive trees, is thanks to its nutritional and biological properties a main component of our diet from antiquity till today. A lot of historians refer to its nutritional and healing properties and its use as a medicine and cosmetic since ancient years.
Olive oil is not only rich in antioxidant substances but also in chlorophyll. It also contains high percentages of vitamin K, minerals, iron και monosaturated fatty acids. All the above contents make olive oil an ideal ally for our body as it:
1. Facilitates digestion and good intestine function
2. Facilitates calcium absorption by our body
3. Helps reduce cholesterol levels
4. Helps reduce body fat, when consumed moderately
5. Protects cells, especially their DNA, by changes which lead to cancer
6. Is a shield that provides protection for the heart